Styling tips for looking taller
Want to look taller?
Creating the illusion of a longer torso is a terrific way to look taller.
The following styling tips for looking taller focus on lengthening your torso.
- Select a straight dress in a single colour that has seams that run from the shoulder to the hem.
- If it has buttons that run down the front or a zip this is also good for creating the illusion of a longer torso.
- Preferably the hem of a dress or skirt should finish mid-calf though a maxi and mini can also make you look taller if styled cleverly. If selecting a skirt, try a straight style with a high waist. Alternatively a low-slung skirt with a skin tight top work too.
- If you add wide shoulder and a narrow hem the triangle silhoutte that is created will also be slimming.
- Add a shoe or boot that is the same colour as the dress or pant.
- This will accentuate the length of your torso and legs.
- Wear pieces that have high waists for example up under your bust. This creates the illusion of a longer torso.
- If wearing a pant or jean, choose one with a seam that runs down the length of your leg. This will make your legs look longerr.
- Wear a cigarette or similar slim pant and tuck the pant into a boot that is the same colour as the pant. This will have the effect of lengthening the leg ad making you look taller.
Contact Bottlegreen and Yellow Personal Stylist to arrange your personal styling session.
For more styling tips click here.
Images L-R: Rebecca Vallance pink suit; Bassike dress: Tessa Thompson in Elie Saab