monochrome makes a great base
Styling monochrome looks is fun because they create a lovely canvas for accessories and jackets.
A monochrome look – that is wearing a single colour makes a statement. It need not overwhelm you though.
Monochrome pieces whether a dress, or top and pant or skirt in one colour makes a great base.
Here are a few tips and tricks you can try to make a monchrome look work for you.
Styling monochrome looks
Styling tips to create a stunning monochrome look.
- Add a colourful silk scarf as a belt. The ‘belt’ creates a waist and breaks up the blockiness you may feel dressed neck to knee is one colour.
- Wear a scarf or colourful necklace. This will bring a contrasting colour your face.
- Try a neutral-coloured belt. Create the illusion of a separate top and bottom. It will break up the sameness of the overall look. Add a matching-coloured shoe and/or bag to create a chic look.
- For a bit of panache wear a jacket in a bold colour. Offset the monochrome and make a statement.
- Try a jacket with a different texture or style such as denim over silk or linen. Add a seasonal flavour to a monochrome piece.
- Select monochrome pieces made with a textured fabric or that are in a deconstructed style. As you move the light will catch the texture which breaks up the sense of a single colour. A deconstructed piece will move and flow when you move. This reduces the sense of the piece being one colour.